Sonardyne's range of Super Sub-Mini Transponder/Responders (SSMs) represent the latest design developments in the acoustic positioning of ROVs, towfish and other subsea targets.
The Type 7970 Super Sub-Mini is designed for deepwater applications up to 4,000 metres and has a highpower directional transducer with an acoustic output comparable to Sonardyne's most powerful Compatt transponders.
For improved positioning accuracy, a built-in pressure transducer provides depth; this can be telemetered to Sonardyne's USBL systems as part of the positioning cycle. A dual external channel selection control, or serial data link, allows the SSM to be used with all of the popular acoustic navigation systems. The unit's 'bilingual personality' mode automatically senses the type of positioning system interrogating it and switches mode accordingly.
In addition, Super Sub-Minis now support more Sonardyne frequencies and all HPR 300 and HiPAP® channels.
The Type 7970 is available with either 2,000 metre or 4,000 metre rated depth sensors.
- Depth telemetry capability with choice of 2,000 or 4,000 Metre rated sensors
- 1,000 Metre rated SSM also available
- Directional transducer with class leading acoustic power output
- Channel selection via dual external controls or serial data port by PC
- Long-life, fast charging NiMH battery
- Compact and rugged design
- Windows based software for test and setup