Sonardyne's family of Wideband Sub-Minis (WSM) are a versatile range of USBL transponder/ responders designed for positioning ROVs, towfish and other mobile targets in water depths up to 4,000 metres.
Compact and rugged, WSMs incorporate the latest Sonardyne Wideband® signal technology which offers superior ranging accuracy, operation in a multi-user, multi-vessel environment and fast USBL position updates. In addition to supporting new Sonardyne Wideband® signals, WSMs also support traditional Sonardyne tone and HPR 300 and HiPAP® channels. A link allows the WSM to be configured for use with all of the popular MF frequency acoustic navigation systems.
The Type 8071 WSM is equipped with an omni-directional transducer and is depth rated to 1,000 metres making it suitable for a wide ranger of general USBL tracking application.
The Type 8070 WSM is a 4,000 metre rated unit and features a high-power directional transducer with an acoustic output comparable to Sonardyne's most powerful full size seabed transponders.
Both types of WSM have a depth sensor fitted as standard to aid USBL positioning accuracy and an external On/Off switch for ease of use and storage when not in use.
The Type 8070 WSM is also available with the ability to activate an external release mechanism.
- Incorporates Sonardyne's latest Wideband Technology
- Choice of 1,000 Metre or 4,000 Metre depth rating
- Choice of Omni-Directional or Directional transducers with class leading acoustic power output
- Channel selection via serial data port by PC
- Transponder or Responder operating modes
- Long-life NiMH battery
- Compact and rugged design
- Windows based software for test and setup
- External On/Off switch for ease of use and storage
- Depth sensor for improved USBL performance
- Optional remote transducer (Type 8071 WSM only)