Marine environmental data is complex and comes in a diverse range of formats. Storing this data centrally in a database with multiple means of access is an increasingly common requirement bringing with it many benefits.
Ocean Database (ODB) is a complete data management solution that loads and stores many standard types of simple and complex marine and environmental monitoring data natively. Associated parameters used in calibration, quality control and metadata creation are included in the ODB data model.
ODB is at the heart of OceanWise’s Port-Log.net subscription service and is deployed as part of an installation of Port-Log System. ODB underpins all our marine data management solutions and Enterprise and GIS Productivity Tools.
- Loads and stores all standard types of oceanographic data
- Provides a flexible and extensible data model
- Works with proprietary and open source standard relational databases
- Applies calibration and QA/QC parameters to incoming data
- Proven and low risk solution