With the High Resolution (HR) firmware option, an Aquadopp profiler can be turned into a high resolution profiler operating at sub-cm scales and with sampling as fast as 8 Hz. Targeted for use in boundary layer studies of the bottom 1-2 m and for low energy environments like lakes and estuaries, the HR-profiler excels at providing flow details that are not attainable with any other oceanographic instrument.
Nortek is proud to introduce the High Resolution (HR) firmware as an optional upgrade for the 1 and 2 MHz Aquadopp Profilers. The HR firmware implements a pulse-coherent processing technique that makes it possible to measure velocity profiles with vertical resolution as fine as 0.7 cm or as fast as 8 Hz. The HR Profiler is the perfect tool for bottom boundary layer studies, internal wave generation studies in lakes, under ice measurements, and in all low-flow conditions.
The HR Profiler is primarily designed for mean flow studies but the robust computational algorithms make it possible to measure also in conditions where there are significant flow variations.
- Measures 3D velocity profiles with 1 – 5 cm vertical resolution.
- Can sample in continuous mode (1 Hz) or burst mode (max 8 Hz).
- Extended velocity range mode for use in energetic environments.
- Software-configurable number of beams to sample: 1, 2 or 3.
- Blanking distance reduced to 3 – 5 cm.
- Measures to within a few cm from the bottom in down-looking mode.
- Simultaneous measurements of velocity profiles and scattering strength.
- Recording of data to internal recorder (352 MB) for stand-alone use.
- Can be changed to operate in “normal” profiling mode with a firmware switch.