Teledyne RDI’s Workhorse Waves Array is an innovative, cost-effective upgrade that allows you to take your Teledyne RDI ADCP to the next level. Via a simple upgrade, you can capture not only the industry’s most field-proven and dependable precision current profiling data, but highly accurate multi-directional wave measurements as well.
Teledyne RDI’s Workhorse ADCP has long been viewed as the industry’s most versatile ADCP. With a single instrument you can collect precision ADCP data from the seafloor, the surface, or even a moving vessel. And now, for the fraction of the cost of a stand-alone waves measurement tool, you can add highly robust multi-directional waves measurement capability to your instrument’s repertoire.
Why limit yourself to a single measurement, or settle for inferior measurements, when Teledyne RDI’s Waves Array allows you to have it all – at a price that meets your budget.
- Versatility - Via a simple upgrade, Teledyne RDI’s Waves Array allows you to transform your Workhorse Sentinel, Monitor, H-ADCP or Express ADCP into a powerful Waves Measurement tool. Now you can collect the industry’s highest quality ADCP data, as well as our proven, patented multi-directional waves measurement – all from a single instrument.
- Affordable - As an upgrade to your Teledyne RDI ADCP, the Waves array is one of the industry’s most economical, yet powerful, waves measurement products you can buy. Why settle for a lower cost, inferior alternative, when Teledyne RDI allows you to add waves capability for a fraction of the cost of stand-alone waves measurement tools? (Contact RDI for a quote at email@example.com.)
- High Quality Current Profiling Capability. At the core of our Waves system is a Workhorse ADCP, the industry’s most field proven, robust, and reliable ADCP available. Your high quality wave data is collected at the same time you collect your full current profiles.
- Confidence in Results. Teledyne RDI’s ADCP Waves Array uses 3 independent methods to observe the wave field, from which you can validate your results and even inter-compare directly with traditional methods if you wish. By collecting from multiple sources for our data calculations, we can reliably deliver data and information even when conditions are less than ideal. (Learn more about this patented technology.)
- Horizontal Waves Measurements. Expand your horizons with horizontal waves measurements. Teledyne RDI’s Horizontal ADCP (H-ADCP) can be upgraded to collect not only surface currents, but highly accurate multi-directional waves data as well -- out to 200 meters range. (Learn more about this unique angle.)
- Real Time Waves Data at your Fingertips. Teledyne RDI’s Waves Array can be upgraded to include real-time wireless data access. When deployed in conjunction with Teledyne RDI’s NEMO waves processor, your waves and current data are processed and compressed within the ADCP, removing the typical constrains for transmitting this data to the surface via an acoustic or inductive modem. (Discover how one customer is using this valuable tool.)
- No Surface Expression/Reduced Deployment Risk. The ADCP Waves Array is typically deployed from a bottom mounted context. Unlike buoys, it remains hidden from vandalism, and the environment. Plus, Teledyne RDI's ADCPs have a track record second-to-none for reliability. So, during deployments, relax and feel confident that you will recover both your ADCP and your valuable data set.
- Flexible Design Allows for a Wide Array of Deployment Conditions. Our superior data collection technology allows our Waves Array to measure waves in a wide range of environmental or deployment conditions, including: shallow water, deep water, long waves, short waves, multi-directional waves, in strong currents, from a tilted bottom, horizontally, in fishy conditions, from a platform moving at 12 knots, with mooring motion, etc.
- Easy to Learn, Easy to Operate. Teledyne RDI’s real-time, WavesMon data collection software provides intuitive deployment planning, easy data collection, and complete processing displays. For first time users’ our software Wizard will walk you through your deployment – making data collection as easy as 1-2-3. Our WavesView software has been designed to convert the data you’ve collected into easy to understand information and images. Both WavesMon and WavesView are included free of charge with your Waves Array upgrade.
- Powerful and Comprehensive. For our seasoned users and scientists, our same WavesMon software can be configured to deliver all of the power and versatility you demand to fully understand and analyze your field data.