2G Robotics' underwater laser scanners can be deployed by ROV, AUV, or diver for stationary or dynamic scanning. The scanners generate submillimeter resolution 3D models of subsea assets and environments from which accurate measurements can be instantaneously and repeatably captured.
Operational Time Savings
- Real-time 3D model generation and verification of results
- No in-field calibrations required
- Generates true-scale submillimetre resolution 3D models
- Collects high density point cloud data for identification of small features and defects
ULS-200 System Performance
- Performs mid-range scans (0.36m to 2.5m range)
- 50° coverage and 360° degree rotation
- Deployable by divers, ROVs, crawlers, centralizers, and frames
- Rugged and compact for operation in confined spaces
Ocean Atlantic Petroleum inspected an FPSO 44” I-tube for a major oil and gas operating company in Angola using 2G Robotics’ ULS-200 underwater laser scanner. The company’s objective was to obtain as-built geometry of the I-tube to ensure unobstructed installation of a 6” power umbilical through the I-tube.
João Manuel Barradas, President of Ocean Atlantic Petroleum, stated that the “accurate measurements captured from the 3D visualizations of the FPSO I-tube provided comprehensive knowledge of the as-built geometry and notably facilitated the installation of the power umbilical.”