Teledyne RD Instruments new 150 kHz Phased Array Velocity Sensor (PAVS150) is the industry’s first 1000 meter depth rated Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) designed to provide precision velocity data at up to 500 meters of altitude above the seafloor.
This extended range bottom tracking capability makes the PAVS150 ideally suited for aiding navigation systems on board any platform where the ability to transition from the deep waters of the open oceans to the shallow operating environments of the littoral zone is seen as a critical enabler.
Designed specifically with the Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) in mind, the PAVS150 is compact enough to be packaged into vehicles as small as 12.75 inches (32.39 cm) in diameter and utilizes state of the art electronics to provide expanded connectivity with other sensors while minimizing overall power consumption. These features are not exclusively advantageous to UUV applications, and can also be leveraged for surface and submarine craft manned and unmanned alike.
The compact and powerful PAVS150 combines Teledyne RDI’s proven bottom detection algorithms and single ping bottom location capability with its broadband velocity processing technology to provide users with high-precision velocity data for reliable navigation and position processing in a highly robust and reliable manner over any indeterminate terrain.
- 1000 meter depth rating and 500m bottom tracking capability for deep water operations requiring extended ranges.
- Compact transducer and electronics allow the sensor to be installed in 12.75” vehicles.
- Flexible triggering with both a trigger in and the ability to send a trigger out.
- Multiple communication channels to allow for optimum connectivity with external sensors.
- Real-time current profiling option provides additional critical data parameters from a single instrument.
- Available in self-contained (standard or right angle configuration) or OEM packaging for optimum system configuration flexibility.