The OceanTools OceanDISP is a unique subsea display unit for subsea gyro-compasses and attitude sensors. It contains some advanced, innovative, features including: OceanDISP may be switched-on subsea by shining an ROV light or divers torch at it. Light detectors then "wake up" the remainder of the electronics. This feature may be enabled or disabled and is designed to extend the life of the subsea battery pack supplying the system.
The time that it remains on for can be set in 10 minute intervals. This is important if using modern, fibre optic gyrocompasses that have far shorter run-up times than older, slower, mechanical gyrocompasses. A MiniFOG will show accurate data within 10 minutes of power-up whereby an older mechanical gyro may take over 45 minutes to run-up.
OceanDISP works with almost every underwater gyro and attitude sensor- not just with OceanTools MiniFOG units. If a data-input containing multiple parameters (i.e. heading, pitch, roll etc) is fed to OceanDISP it will display each parameter for a user-selectable time before displaying the next parameter.
- ROV-friendly AND Diver-friendly
- Bright RED or GREEN high visibility display LED options
- Programmable power-on then sleep mode - extends battery life
- Programmable data-input telegrams - works with any subsea gyro
- Programmable light-activated power-on
- High performance at a very reasonable price
- Standard depth rating 1000m - deeper options available