Kongsberg cNODE is a family of transponders for underwater acoustic positioning and data link.
The transponders operate together with both HiPAP®, HPR and cPAP® transceivers. cNODE® utilises Cymbal® acoustic protocol and is compatible with the HiPAP®/HPR 400 channels and telemetry. cNODE® is designed to cover a large range of applications and this is made possible by the modular design and a variety of different transducers, internal and external sensors, housing materials and other add-on functions.
cNODE® is easy to set-up, operate and maintain. Both new configuration and software can be downloaded from TTC 30 without opening the transponders. The floating collar and release design make the launch/recovery operation safe and easy. Spare parts for cNODE® are based on the main modules.
- Operates together with HiPAP®, HPR and cPAP® transceivers.
- Compatible with both Cymbal® acoustic protocol for positioning and data link, and HiPAP®/HPR 400 channels and telemetry.
- SSBL positioning.
- LBL positioning.
- Range accuracy of 0,01 m between transponders.
- Acoustic data link for command and data transfer.
- Both transponder and responder functions.
- Internal tilt sensor ± 90°.
- Pressure relief valve and vent screw (safety devices).
- External connector for transponder configuration and software update via serial line (TTC 30).
- Modular design such that the transducer, transponder electronics, battery pack and optional add-on’s can be replaced individually.