The highly recommended Sonic 2024 Wideband Multibeam Echosounder (MBES) represents the latest in advanced modern system design and architecture, providing unprecedented system versatility, productivity and performance. The Sonic 2024 truly sets the standard for this class of MBES.
The Sonic 2024 can be upgraded to Ultra High Resolution (UHR), providing extremely narrow beamwidths at 700kHz operation. The narrow beamwidths at 700kHz make this option invaluable for detail offshore site surveys such as pipeline inspections, cable laying operations, archeological wreck surveys or other micro bathymetry applications. When UHR is selected, the beamwidth is 0.3° x 0.6° providing unprecedented small bottom footprints.
Few examples of applications:
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV)
- Offshore O&G (pipeline)
- Offshore Windfarm (cables, towers)
- Remote Operated Underwater Vehicle (ROV)
- All options are available with the Sonic 2024. These are: Bathymetry with optional Ultra High Resolution (UHR), TruePix™ Backscatter, Raw Water Column, Pipeline Mode, Multispectral Mode, Forward Looking Sonar imagery. Only the option of 90kHz/100kHz is exclusive to the Sonic 2026.
- Wide selectable operating frequencies between 170kHz and 450kHz in steps of 1Hz resolution.
- Optional 700kHz for detailed offshore site surveys such as pipeline inspections and cable laying operations and archaeological wreck surveys or micro bathymetry applications.
- High flexibility and control provided to users to avoid interference from other active acoustic systems.
Highest Resolution & Accuracy
- Focused Beamwidths 0.3⁰x 0.6⁰ at 700kHz.
- 60kHz signal bandwidth over primary frequency range.
- Bottom Detect Range Resolution of 3mm.
- Selectable swath coverage from 10⁰ to 160⁰, selectable on the fly, in real time during the survey operation.
- Range: 1m to 400m+.
Ease of Operation
- Signal Processor and Controller embedded in the Sonar head, making the Sonic 2024 well suited for AUV.
- Low weight, volume & power consumption (50Wavg).
- Latest Advanced Sonar Technology.
- Warranty: 3-year with option for 6-year extended warranty.
- Value priced
- Trade-in rebate for older technology systems.
For information on position, heading resolution, pitch/roll accuracy and heave accuracy, please refer to the I2NS specification sheet.
(*) The speed of the survey is primarily limited by the installation of the MBES.