With HydroPACT 660 Teledyne Marine brings the world’s smallest submarine, pulse induction pipe tracker to market. Built upon the already established, industry standard and world leading TSS HydroPACT 440 system, the HydroPACT 660 continues the legacy by bringing pipe tracking and UXO detection capabilities to small inspection and observation class ROVs, for applications that were previously only available on larger vehicles such as work class ROVs and trenchers.
The new HydroPACT 660 sports a single small form factor coil array measuring 1200mm x 600mm, which, weighing in at <16kg, has an operating range of greater than 85% of that of the significantly larger HydroPACT 440 system. This smaller and lighter coil array is very well-suited to smaller ROVs, offering users the opportunity to significantly reduce their operating costs on future projects.
Its interface utilises the well-known and intuitive DeepView for Windows™ software, running on a choice of topside computer (SDC10 as standard with the RMC10 option), making it an effortless transition moving from either of the existing TSS pipe and cable tracking products to the new HydroPACT 660. This makes it incredibly cost-effective to switch between any of the products within the HydroPACT product family.
The HydroPACT 660 compliments the existing 440 as it addresses a market where size and weight is of absolute importance for use on smaller subsea vehicles, while the 440 is still the best choice if absolute range is critical. The HyroPACT 660 is supplied in a 3,000 metre rated housing with either 110VAC or 24VDC PSU (Power Supply Unit) pod.
- Smaller (60%) and lighter (70%) coil array with a better drag coefficient suitable for inspection and observation class ROVs
- More flexible power options available
- Uses well-established pulse induction technology
- Easy to use and known operation
- Simple installation
- Gives accurate survey information regardless of vehicle heading
- Less drag requires less thrust and thus enables smaller vehicles to be used
- Suitable for TMS launched systems without folding the coil assembly which means less risk of damaging the coil as well as fewer mechanical parts
- Less drag and smaller size enables use on smaller vehicles and TMS launched systems
- 24VDC and 110VAC PSU (Power Supply Unit) pod options
- Reliable and proven technology
- Operates the same as the 440, with no time consuming set-up or pre-operational calibration required
- Only one coil assembly to be fitted with optional cable lengths available
- A single solution suitable for operations in high-current environments
- Provides reliable and high integrity data
- Intuitive interface not requiring highly trained technicians to use