The Jupiter Subsea Intelligent Torque Tool - Class 5 Rotary Docking interfaces with subsea production systems, including project specific interfaces where only the end effector socket is different, and is capable of producing torque up to 6780N·m (5000lbf-ft).
The tool comprises a hydraulic motor, planetary gear box and removable end effect socket(s). In addition the tool provides torque feed-back, output turns count, optional docking latches and a visual indication of motor turns.
The tool is designed to allow seamless integration with Zetechtics manufactured Jupiter Subsea Control System, however the tool is capable of operating with other systems with suitable hydraulic and electrical interfaces.
When used with a Jupiter 2 Subsea Control System, with the correct software version and configuration, it is possible to determine direction of rotation from the internal quadrature sensors. This is encoded on the single turns count output using Zetechtics’ proprietary turns count electrical interface.
- Standard Interface: Class 5 Rotary Docking interfaces to BS EN ISO 13628-8:2006 with socket to suit 50.8mm (2”) square stem
- Modified client specific interfaces available
- Provides torque feedback, output turns count, optional docking latches and a visual indication of motor turns
- Seamless integration with Zetechtics manufactured Jupiter Subsea Control Systems
- Capable of operating with other systems with suitable hydraulic and electrical interfaces
- Maximum Working Torque: 6, 780N.m (5,000lbf-ft)
- Maximum Working Speed: 5 RPM
- Hydraulic: Max. Motor Supply: 160 Bar (2320 PSI) (Recommended)
- For Technical Specification and correct Operational Procedures, please refer to manual