The GAU-30 is a very reliable instrument designed for expediting underwater search and salvage operations by locating iron and steel objects. The sensor can be held by hand or attached to a non-magnetic pole for probing soft clay and silt.
For large area, deep-water search operations the sensor can be attached to a non-magnetic sled and trolled at depths up to 1,000 feet. Support personnel on the surface monitor the GAU-3O's audio and visual indications to inform the diver about the location on any target via radio.
- Six sensitivity settings
- Visual and audio indications of an item's magnetic signature
- 50.5-inch titanium encased sensor
- RS-232 port for data logging
- Output connector for strip-chart recorder
- Water resistant, moulded ABS plastic case
- Requires external 12 Vdc input; optional internal battery