For over twenty years, Teledyne RD Instruments has been the preeminent supplier of Acoustic Doppler Current Profiling (ADCP) instrumentation for open ocean applications. Teledyne RDI’s vessel-mounted Ocean Surveyor family of ADCPs continues to raise the bar, collecting detailed maps of the distribution of water currents and suspended materials through the water column and along the ship’s path - at depths and resolutions previously considered unattainable. In real time, the ADCP is also used to aid in situ decision-making, to adapt field operations, and to understand current regime characteristics.
- The Teledyne RDI Ocean Surveyor is the only vessel-mounted ADCP to incorporate:
- Patented BroadBand signal processing combined with NarrowBand processing
- Patented phased array transducers, significantly reducing transducer size
- Combined current profiling, backscatter profiling, and Doppler velocity logs
- Patented 4-beam design for data reliability