The EdgeDVR-4SD is a quad channel standard definition (SD) digital video recorder (DVR). The EdgeDVR is primarily for use in the offshore oil and gas subsea market. It is generally used for daily ROV operations, both eyeball and work class or diving. Being quad channel it can display and record up to four video channels simultaneously, which is ideal for multiple divers or an ROV with multiple cameras and sonar. The EdgeDVR can be switched between 1, 2, 3 or 4 channel mode. In 3 channel recording mode the EdgeDVR is an ideal pipeline inspection video recording system. The EdgeDVR includes a built in video switcher, so the operator can easily switch between video inputs when in 1 or 2 channel recording mode. Switching can even be done within a video recording.
There is a quad channel black box recorder integrated into the EdgeDVR, so whenever a dive is open, all channels of video are recording. Taking multi-channel videos, video clips or stills is extremely easy and the whole user interface is designed for ease of use by the operator by experienced ROV pilots and 3.4u inspectors.
The EdgeDVR includes a drag and drop quad independent channel overlay and can take in up to 4 survey or serial data feeds. Built in eventing and automatic generation of dive, anomaly, video and photo logs.
Each project includes the free EdgeViewer so the client can easily view all the data, video and photos in an integrated way. 4 channel video recordings are played back simultaneously, likewise if 4 stills are taken together, they are displayed together.
Digital Edge Subsea also produce an optional Peli transport case for the EdgeDVR, to ensure the video recording system is kept in a top condition whilst in transit or storage.
- Standard Definition Digital Video Recording (WMV)
- Single, Dual, Triple & Quad Channel Recording Modes
- Independent Quad Channel Digital Overlay
- Realtime Eventing
- Built-in 4 Way Video Switcher
- Digital Stills - Single, Dual, Triple & quad (Jpeg or Bitmap)
- Video Clips (WMV)
- Automatic dive, photo, video and anomaly logs
- Project Editor
- Client Viewer
- Realtime data logging
- 4 Serial Ports for the display/logging of data
- 3 x 3TB Removable Hard drives
- Automatic Blackbox - Single, Dual, Triple & Quad Channel Recording
- Solid State operating system drive